Sunday, November 27, 2011

Back in Boston

Well now I'm back in Boston and getting ready to finish up the semester. I know people say this all the time, but I can't believe how quickly time is going by. In some ways, I can't wait for the semester to end so I can start my new classes (oh, and Christmas break is nice too), but in many more ways I never want it to end.

 I have had the most amazing semester. My classes have been okay, but really it's the people who have made this semester so fantastic. I don't love my Discovering Journalism class (it's mainly history), but I love the professor. Foundations of Journalism has shown me all the different sides to journalism and made me consider more television and radio broadcast types of journalism than I had before. I also really like that professor. My US Government and Politics class is certainly challenging me, and that professor continues to fascinate me. He is so intelligent and matter-of-fact that I'm not really sure how to respond to him, but not in a bad way. My last class, Politics, Advocacy, and Public Opinion Research (aka comm research) has been...quite the journey. My professor ended up being changed right before Thanksgiving break in order to improve the class. I think the last couple weeks will be harder (I'm actually sure of this), but it will be well worth it because I feel like I will learn much more.

 This semester, I think I have been so much happier with life because I am so content with everything in my life. I feel like a much more solid person and I am completely content with myself and where I am in life right now. It's honestly the best feeling. Of course sometimes I feel insecure about my future (Do I really want to do journalism? In the Middle East? In war zones? Really?), but overall I feel determined and so capable. More than anything, I have a deep belief that everything always works out the way it is supposed to. If you work as hard as you can and try to do the right thing, I truly believe that you will be rewarded.

 Anyway, I feel like I have had a nice, long break from reality. Thanksgiving break was 10 days (I skipped my Monday and Tuesday classes and came home the Friday before because I don't have Friday classes) and the weekend before that, I was in New York. So in the past two weeks, I've really only had like 3 days of class. I feel very refreshed and ready to take on the last couple weeks of the semester.

 Let's do this.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment