All right. I am finally actually blogging like I promised. Yay! I said I was going to Friday night, but I got home at like 10.45 and was so tired because I hadn't slept much because I saw HP at midnight then worked at GS camp all day, went to work for a couple hours to finish and turn in my articles, and then met up with Jay to do our Qur'an reading. Then yesterday (Saturday), Little Caitlin and her sister and I went to see Harry Potter because they hadn't seen it yet. I had like two hours between getting home from that and going to Feast, but I took a nap cause I was still so exhausted. So here I am...finally.
I feel like this week has been both relaxing and stressful. It's definitely been a change of pace from my normal routine so far this summer. I've been going to Girl Scout camp for as long as I can remember and this year I had (for the most part) the same group of girls as last year, which was wonderful. In general, the girls were really great and I was blessed with an amazing group. On Wednesday, though, I started to see it falling apart a little. Nothing really was happening yet but I just didn't want it to disintegrate. The girls were starting to get a little whiny (I don't blame them, really. Camp is exhausting.) and clique-ish. SO I had this idea...
I got the girls all in a circle during one of our free times and we went around and had each of the girls say something positive about each one of the other girls. There were 14 girls and 2 counselors so this took quite a while...but I think it was worth it. It was so sweet to watch their faces light up when someone said something about them. Afterwards, I asked them if they enjoyed it and they all said yes. I hope they meant it (and I think they did) because I've been trying to find ways to focus on the positive (and avoid gossip and backbiting!) and this really seemed to change their attitudes.
I was sad to see the week end, but I am looking forward to getting back to being in the newsroom.
Here are some pictures from camp:
Faith - she is the sweetest
Savannah - probably the most polite little girl I've ever met. Additionally she looks like Selena Gomez/Victoria Justice and is in love with Harry Potter. Cute.
Savannah and Shaye dancing
My Sperry's were covered in holi powder from one of the activities. Oops! Luckily it all came off fine.
Tori - she is unforgettable. Little Caitlin gets jealous of her because she is very clingy to me sometimes.
Victoria, Abigail, and Kaitlin dressing Willow for one of the activities
Bella - our resident camp diva
Savannah dancing again
Most of my girls learning a dance to Shakira's Waka Waka
Kaitlin and Caitlin










No comments:
Post a Comment