Wednesday, May 4, 2011

End of the Year and Blessings

Packing is sad. And horrible. And frustrating. And ahhh! :(

It is also what I've been doing a lot of today. Tomorrow at 1 we are putting our stuff in storage. I'm very stressed about this, but I know it will all work out okay. I keep telling myself it will be fine. Honestly I am more calm than Micah and Hannah, I think. But that's only because I've been panicking about storage for the past month or so, so now that it's finally here I am over the panicking stage. I'm sure tomorrow will be very overwhelming though. But then it will be DONE!

Tonight I also did the creative piece of my research writing final! YAY! I am a little worried about it though because I am afraid it may come off as offensive. Essentially what my project is, is a play on Us Weekly's spread called "Celebs: They're Just Like Us!" where they take pictures of celebrities doing everyday things like texting or eating a sandwich. An example is here: http://www.thedirk.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/US2.jpg. Anyway, I did mine about Egyptians. It is supposed to be a humorous take on it and poke fun at both the Us Weekly spread and people's ignorance about Egypt. I think it did...I'm just worried about people not seeing the humor and then finding it offensive. Oh well. Also special thanks to Micah for helping me so much with creating the spread. Now all I have left to do this semester is write out the transcript for the other part of my research writing presentation. And I will have plenty of time to do that tomorrow.

Clair and I discovered Indian food a couple months ago when I decided that I wanted to try it. Since then, it has sort of become our "thing." We went once here the first time, once on our New York trip, and then again tonight. It was so good. Naan is the greatest thing ever and butter chicken curry is a close second. Then we went to the Cheesecake Factory and got cheesecake. Also delicious. Hannah, Micah, and Barbara also went to the Cheesecake Factory although we didn't cross paths because they went from the dorm and we went from the restaurant.

Today I also had my conflict and negotiation final and turned in my portfolio. I was the first one to finish the exam and afterward, my professor came out into the hallway with me and shook my hand and told me he really enjoyed having me in class and that he'd love to have me in his other classes. He also said he wanted to help "advance my career." He is amazing. I have met so many amazing people this year and I've been lucky that they've taken an interest in me. I know that I am definitely in the right place and I am so blessed.

Another example of that is the message I got from my argument and advocacy professor. I've written previously about how amazing she is and how much I love her. She accepted my friend request on Facebook this morning and then this evening, she sent me a message asking if I wanted to intern with her and that she would love to have me. She also said that if I didn't want to, she would absolutely help me in any way she could to find another internship that I did want. My response was (literally), "Are you joking?" followed with of course I would love to intern with her in the fall. Before I've even started looking for a fall internship, one falls right in my lap. Like I just said, I am so blessed and I have been given so many amazing opportunities this semester. I absolutely could not be luckier.

All right. I think that is all for now. I am exhausted. I would have gone to bed without blogging, but Clair was in the shower and then I knew she had to blow dry her hair (which she is doing now). So I'm actually glad that happened because I ended up writing this post.

Tomorrow will be stressful, relieving, sad, and nostalgic all wrapped into one. Let's just hope I can get through it with as little drama as possible.

Oh, one last thing. I wrote a little bit about the gossip and backbiting thing yesterday. I have been thinking about it very hard and asking for guidance all day and since then, I have felt much lighter in a way. The desire to say rude or unnecessary things has started to disappear. It is a wonderful feeling because I don't need the negativity inside of me that it causes, and the world doesn't need it either. I guess hoping and asking for guidance is definitely the way to go.

One last time, I could NOT possibly be more blessed. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment