I didn't really feel like blogging tonight...but I'm sitting in bed on my computer so I guess I will. For some reason, I've been in a slump today. I took my psych exam this morning and it went okay. I'm not sure I got an A, but I did my best and for the most part I think it went well. We will see, I guess. But at least I am at peace with it. Today I also finished packing up the last box I'm mailing home and then I sent it! Exciting and kind of sad and surreal all at the same time. Of course, I still have tons of stuff here. After we put our stuff in storage this Wednesday, though, it will all be more real. I still can't believe the end of the year is here. It's gone so quickly and I really don't want it to end.
Laying in bed last night, I realized that I left a huge part of my weekend out of my post. It must've been my distraction with the Osama news, but I forgot to write about the Baha'i celebration I went to. Norah picked me up at the T stop that is on her way home from work and her husband made us baked macaroni and also broccoli. I liked the broccoli because he added a little balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to it, which I've never had before. Also I just really like broccoli and I don't eat it at school because it's not very good. Anyway, I really like Norah and her husband and there are very interesting to talk to. The way they interact makes me laugh also.
So anyway we went to the Baha'i Center here, which I obviously haven't been to before. I really enjoyed meeting other Baha'is. I was afraid I was going to feel awkward and uncomfortable, but I didn't at all. Everyone was so nice and chatty and welcoming. It turned out they had actual dinner food there instead of just snacks, so our eating was kind of pointless but oh well. Two of the people I met were students my age, which I really enjoyed. They are twins and are both freshmen here in Boston. One (Navid) goes to Tufts and the other (Sasha) goes to BU. I really enjoyed talking to them and Navid and I exchanged numbers so we can keep in contact. I wish it weren't so close to the end of the semester so I could get to know them better and hang out with them some, but we definitely will next semester.
I don't know what it is, but I have been very unmotivated today. Other than my box packing and shipping, I haven't done much. I didn't really study for my exam tomorrow, though to be fair I don't think there's any studying that I really could do. It's more just applying the concepts and I plan to look over my notes some in the morning. I also did not fix my portfolio the way I should have and I know it's dumb but honestly I don't even care. :( I hate being this way and I don't know why I am. I'm sure I will regret it in the morning...but if I do I will have time to fix it. Plus it's not like mine is really messed up at all. It's just me worrying about little things. My professor even said the portfolio was for us and not him. The fact that he is going to give it back to us during the exam period tomorrow (I'm assuming this because he wants us to have them.) means he's pretty much just going to check and make sure we made it.
Another example of my un-motivation is the fact that I have this huge project for research writing due Thursday and I still haven't started the second part of it. :( Again, I know I'm being ridiculous but I just can't seem to make myself do it. I know this isn't a valid excuse...but I will get it done. I always do. I don't like being in this slump...but hopefully it will go away soon.
Back to the Baha'i topic: one of the big "laws" of the Faith is to avoid participating in backbiting and gossip. Of course, that's very easy to say. I've been thinking about it a lot and I've decided to make it my mission to work this into my life. I've become very aware of when I say things that are mean, rude, or unnecessary. However, sometimes I still find them coming out of my mouth. It's honestly a struggle. The truth is that some people are just annoying and rude. By making rude comments about them, though, aren't I being just as rude? How do you deal with people who seem to go out of their way to frustrate you? Also, is it enough to just not voice these thoughts? Is it equally bad if I think them and don't voice them? Is it less bad? Not bad at all? These questions are just a few that I've been thinking about lately. Maybe I will write more about it tomorrow, but for now I think I am going to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment