Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is it really the end?

Today, I had no exams. I woke up around 9 and we started organizing and finalizing our stuff for storage around 9.30...until 12.30. It was very stressful but controlled at the same time. Then as soon as we finished, it was time to bring the stuff down! So we spent probably another 30-45 minutes bringing everything down to the 1st floor and watching it be loaded into the moving fan. It was a huge relief to have that done! THEN we got up to the room and discovered we had forgotten to bring one thing down. And we panicked. But then I called the guy and we brought it down and it was fine. Now our suite is very empty and sad looking. It's finally becoming real. Also Micah left shortly after that so that makes it more real too. Micah and Hannah are leaving tomorrow. Then after that it will just be Clair and I. Sad face. I will miss them all very much this summer. Hopefully I will get the chance to visit them.

Also today, I walked around my department for a little while and talked to my c&n professor. He is always interesting to talk to and I enjoyed it. He also asked what year I was and when I told him I was a freshman, he looked a little taken aback and said, "I think I could put you in my grad level classes without you being out of place." Of course I'm told I look older than I really am often, but the fact that I knew he was talking about me being at that intellectual level was extremely flattering. I work really hard to keep up to date with news and to stay alert and engaged in class and knowing that it pays off is wonderful. He also said, "There's not much that goes on in [the classroom] that you don't catch," which I also really appreciated.

So after all of that happened, I went and picked up my check for doing room tours and then updated my works cited for my research writing project. Two more things off my to-do list and only one left: the transcript for my proposal. As I keep mentioning, this has been plaguing me for days. I did finish it tonight, so now my homework sticky note on my screen is completely gone! YAY! It's so weird that I won't have homework for four full months. Of course, I'll be busy with other things (really...really...really busy) but it's still a little bit of a shock to my system.

With Micah gone and Clair out to dinner (her mom and mom's friend are in town), Hannah, Barbara, and I decided we wanted to order food from California Pizza Kitchen instead of going to the dining hall. However, about 30 seconds after I placed my order online, I got a text from the grad student I am friends with saying the dinner we didn't get to attend last night was happening again...in like 35 minutes. I didn't know what to do...but I ended up picking up my food, storing it in the 1 fridge that is left here, and then going out to dinner with him and the other people. It was a lot like the Slug Club in Harry Potter, if you know what that is. But not in a bad way at all. I really enjoyed it. I will really miss him and I am going to be very sad. Actually I already am. But we hugged when he left. :( I've said it before, but I have met so many wonderful people this year and I could not be luckier.

Tomorrow is my last "thing" that I have to do this semester. I just have to present my creative project for research writing -- which will be the ads I talked about yesterday -- at 1 pm tomorrow. I hope it goes well. I emailed all my stuff to my professor so it really is just the presentation left. Crazy. I still can't believe this year is over. On Sunday, my mom texted me and asked if I wanted her to get anything for me at the grocery store. That was crazy. The past few days have gone so quickly and being home is going to be a major culture shock in a way. I can't wait for everything to get started for the summer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment