It is a great desire in my life to have wavy/curly hair. Unfortunately, my hair resists curl. And when I do get it to curl (which involves a lot of hairspray) it falls out after only a few hours. Today, I was looking at wavy hairstyles and read someone suggesting to scrunch damp hair with mousse to get a wavy look. So I decided to try it. I didn't get home until a little after 11 and then I was talking to my mom and sister until about 11.50 so it was midnight before I got out of the shower. BUT I was so determined to do wavy hair tonight and see how it holds up for the morning.
It turned out decently well:
I spent about 40 minutes doing this. And honestly, I should have divided my hair up into smaller sections for a better effect. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not ever, ever, ever spend this much time on my hair. Rare exceptions include prom and graduation. Even then, someone else is doing my hair. For my senior prom, my mom did my hair. Actually, my junior prom, my younger sister simply straightened my hair. Clearly I do not spend a lot of time on my appearance. As my mom told me tonight (when I couldn't find the mousse cause I was looking for a tub rather than a bottle...), I lack the "girl gene." Makeup frustrates me and blows my mind sometimes and I am incapable of doing anything remotely interesting to my hair. Of course, I'm sure I could figure it out if I tried but it's just not that important to me.
Anyway, if it stays acceptable overnight, this may become a more common thing. Because I do love curly hair. (Note: people who can curl their entire head of hair with a curling iron are like demi-gods to me.)
We will see how it turns out, but I wanted my (semi-) success to be documented.
Also, I have a lot to write about today but it is nearly 1 AM and I will do it tomorrow if/when I have time at work. Goodnight!

No comments:
Post a Comment