Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Internship update!

Well, obviously I did not update yesterday. I realized that when I was already in bed and half asleep, but was too tired to do anything about it. I'm exhausted once again tonight. I don't know why I've been so tired lately. In fact, I've already slept for 2 1/2 hours tonight. When I got home from babysitting, I laid down on my bed intending to rest for a few minutes but it turned into quite a long nap. I haven't been doing anything particularly strenuous, so I don't know where this tiredness is coming from, but I hope it goes away soon. Or at least I'll have to start pushing through it more. I also haven't been feeling my best the past few days, so maybe it has something to do with that. Over the weekend I was grumpy for no good reason and the past two days, like I said, my energy levels have been low. Also today I kept being hungry even after I ate. It was bizarre; it would not go away. It wasn't out of boredom either. My stomach was literally rumbling even after I'd eaten a meal. So apparently something is messed up with me because I've been not myself lately.

Other than that, though, things have been really good. I started my internship with the newspaper yesterday. This week I'm only working until 2 because I'm picking Allie and Little Caitlin up from camp at 2.30. So like I said in my last blog, I only worked 2 hours on Monday. I went to the staff meeting when I got there and then filled out my paperwork and that was pretty much it. Today when I got in, I had engagement/wedding/anniversary/birth announcements to write up. Not the most challenging or thrilling task, but I liked doing it because it's like warming up to actual writing. I also went over to the Health Department and got the restaurant inspection reports and wrote those up. After a short period of them having nothing for me to do, I went with a reporter and photographer to work interview and take pictures for a story. I didn't do anything, but I liked being able to sort of shadow them to get acquainted with how the paper runs. I'm not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow, but I can't wait to find out.

(Oh, also, I like being able to wear dresses every day at the paper. Yay!)

I haven't done any Rosetta Stone Arabic work lately. I think I've done it once since I've been home. I'm a little upset with myself about that, especially since I had so much free time in the beginning of the summer. I'm going to try to make it a priority to do it for at least 30 minutes a day starting tomorrow. If I can't make myself remember, maybe I'll try setting an alert in my phone. I also haven't been reading a whole lot, so I'm going to try to make that a priority as well. I really haven't been spending a lot of time on the computer for the most part, though. So that is one improvement, but unfortunately (or fortunately) I seem to have replaced my previous computer time with television watching time. Specifically, How I Met Your Mother. I have always loved Neil Patrick Harris, but I never watched the show. Near the end of the spring semester, I (sort of) watched an episode with my roommates and since I got home, I've been watching it nonstop. It's almost a little embarrassing how much I watch it...except that it's hilarious. But either way, I do need to spend time doing more productive things.

For now, I am going to sleep. The night before last, I was so tired that I fell asleep with my laptop open on my bed and woke up with it still there and totally drained. My light was also on all night. This should give an idea of how exhausted I've been. And like I've said...I hope it stops soon! We shall see, though.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment