Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moodiness

For the past week or ten days or so, I have been unhappy. Nothing bad has happened really, but I have just been grumpy and in a generally unpleasant mood. Needless to say, I don't enjoy it very much. Previous to this, the past few months have been the happiest I've ever been. And, nothing has really changed, so I don't know why my mood has. I think partially I've been frustrated with my internship (when I don't have a lot to do and I feel like I'm lacking direction), but I also think it's because I've stopped exercising and practicing Arabic.

Unsurprisingly, this seems to create a negative spiral. I feel unhappy, so I don't exercise, so I feel unhappy, so I don't exercise, and so on. So, I have decided to try and put a stop to this because not doing anything about it just makes it worse. I'm going to start doing my exercising, Arabic, and reading every day again. I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I get all three of them done and I think it will improve my attitude tremendously.

I'd also like to add that when I go to the Baha'i activities, I don't feel this way. Like I've mentioned before, I think the sense of community and even the anticipation of that feeling kick the moodiness right out of me.

Anyway, I am still in my pajamas and pouting a little right now, so I'm going to go get dressed and be proactive. I think I'll start my laundry and then go from there. My mom tried to get me to go shopping earlier and I didn't even want to do that. So maybe I will once I get dressed.

I don't gain anything from wallowing in my moodiness anyway, so it's time to kick it to the curb.

:)
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment