Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"These are a few of my favorite things."

I'm having one of those periods at work where I am bored and have a little time to kill. As I was drinking my Crystal Light and eating a slice of cheese, I started thinking about how I really, really like both of those things. Clair points out this habit I have of liking something and becoming obsessive about it...which is probably (aka definitely) true in a lot of cases. So, I thought I would make a list of my favorite things just because I can.

Here is the song from Sound of Music for a ltitle inspiration:


Here we go (The bulletts didn't work right, so I separated the sections to make it a little easier to read.):
• Food/drink (starting with healthy and then going downhill from there):
o Celery
o Most fruit: apples, strawberries, oranges, peaches, etc.
o Chicken Caesar salads/wraps
o Crystal Light drink mixes
o Strawberry smoothie/daiquiri I make
o Cheese
o Diet Coke
o Bread/pasta
o Pizza (cheese)
o Twizzlers
o Chocolate chip cookies

• Music:
o Snow Patrol (example: I have two blog posts with the sole purpose of conveying my love for specific Snow Patrol songs)
o Lady Gaga
o Musicals- Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, Jesus Christ Superstar

• Television:
o Anderson Cooper (AC360 and hopefully his show Anderson when it debuts in September)
o My Fair Wedding with David Tutera (makes me cry)
o Undercover Boss (makes me cry more)
o How I Met Your Mother (Neil Patrick Harris is one of my favorite things)
o Anything Kardashian-related (I know, I should have higher standards)

• People:
o Daniel Radcliffe (forever)
o Anderson Cooper
o Joe Biden
o Kathi Reinstein (my argument and advocacy professor)
o Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol singer)
o Lady Gaga
o My mom
o My grandparents
o My roommates – Micah, Barbara, Hannah, Clair (though she will not be next year)
o I like a lot of people and I have a lot of amazing people in my life, so this bullet point is including all of them.

• Other things:
o Religion (I love discussing it and exploring it. My friend Jay and I have started doing this and I will post about that probably tonight.)
o Learning Arabic
o Reading quotations
o The feeling of accomplishment after I do something difficult
o The feeling of accomplishment after practicing self-control
o Looking back over time and seeing how I have grown and changed
o Causing people to view a situation differently
o THE MIDDLE EAST
o EGYPT
o Learning about cultures
o Journalism – the feeling I get after finishing a story
o Remembering my dreams
o Waking up refreshed

There are many other things that I love, but I can’t write them all down. But I really enjoyed writing this list out because it made me take time to think of the things I do like rather than the things I don’t. I could just as easily make a list of things that I dislike or that frustrate me, but what good would that do? Like I said in my gossip and backbiting post, your thoughts become your character. Anyway, I’m sure if Clair sees this she will have a myriad of my “obsessions” to add.

And, since I said I love quotations, here is one to end this post:
"When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life."
-- Greg Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment