Monday, April 11, 2011

Awareness

There is a genocide happening in Armenia? I don't know that I've ever heard this discussed in any of my classes, high school or college. There are so many things happening in the world like this, and honestly I don't hear about about any of them in school. Personally I have taken a lot of interest in the revolutions and uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa, but there is so much in the world I am ignorant of. However, I could tell you anything you ever wanted to know about the Kardashians and the Real Housewives. In fact, Perez Hilton is the reason I started writing this post. Kim Kardashian, who is Armenian, was put on the cover of Turkish Cosmopolitan without her consent. She is outraged over this because Turkey is performing a genocide on Armenia.

I know that it is impossible to be fully knowledgable about any subject. Even though I have a lot of knowledge about the current Middle East, I couldn't pass a test about the situation 10-15 years ago. And honestly, I don't want to be passionate about every subject. If someone was, they would literally go insane. There is no way to have that much energy to put into every subject. My point is that I wish people would just care a little more about the world, myself included. My post about the taxi driver helping me and me helping the woman is a great example. If everyone did that every day, think of how different the world would be. Maybe we couldn't stop a genocide, but maybe we could. Who's to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment