Alright so this post will also be short due to the NyQuil I took half an hour ago. That is code for it has already taken effect and I'm already making a lot of typos that I am fixing so you can't tell. I got caught up a little bit. I did one of my 3 papers I have due tomorrow (well only one is actually due tomorrow - aka today) but it's okay. I should be able to get the other two done in the morning and be caught up. Then the stress should go away for the most part. I also am getting behind in research writing on my final project. That's actually not true at all, but I am not as far ahead as I wanted to be. We have 20 questions to research and include in our final paper (which is a trip proposal) and I stated out doing 3 questions a night until I got to 12. Then I did a lot of research (this was saturday) but none of it answered the questions and I just got carried away looking up Egypt stuff. Some of it actually was helpful, but I still have a lot to do. Hopefully Friday and this weekend I will be able to get that done and also do most of the proposal so that then I can focus on the creative part. I am still trying to figure out what to do about that. Ahh stress! It will be okay, though.
Last night I had my interview for a staff position on my school paper. I think it went okay, but there are also more qualified people applying for my position. I hope I get it, but if I don't I will not be terribly upset. I'd love to get it and throw myself into it and work really hard, but if I don't I will definitely still keep writing for the paper. We will see in a few days, I guess. Yesterday I also signed up for an interview to be a news anchor on our radio station here. Completely on a whim. I have no radio experience whatsoever, but I'd love to get involved because it could only help me to have experience in radio broadcasting. Again, not likely that I'll get it, but I still hope I get to be involved in some way. My interview is Friday and I have no idea at all how it is going to go. I'm a little nervous just because I don't know what to expect or what they'll think of me.
It's very scary to think that I only have 4 days of class left - tomorrow (Thursday) and next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are makeup days for our snow days but I don't have any makeup classes on Thursday and the ones I'm supposed to have Friday were cancelled by my professors. So yay! But like I said, also scary because I still have a couple big things that I need to get done. Not that much, but just enough to stress me out a little. In argument and advocacy, I have a 10-minute debate (which is nothing, so I'm not worried too much) on Wednesday that is also my final. This is nice because then the period that I'm supposed to have a final for that class during finals week is free. Yay! My schedule worked out nicely where I should have one final each day Monday - Thursday, but now I have Tuesday off because of that class. It will give me time to pack and also study for my psychology final which I think of Wednesday. I am very stressed about this final and I need to do a LOT of studying because it will really affect my grade. I didn't do well on the midterm, so doing well on the final could really help me. On the other hand, doing badly could really hurt me.
For conflict and negotiation, I just have to get these one page papers done which shouldn't be too bad and we also have a final portfolio due. I'm clever and have been doing the portfolio the whole semester so I just have to update it and do a final works cited. It's due Tuesday so I have to do it this weekend, but it shouldn't take long at all. At least I really hope so.
Research writing we have this big 2 part project that is our final. It's my last final on Thursday and consists of the proposal paper I explained briefly and also a creative piece to accompany it. We're presenting the creative piece and I need to go ahead and get started on that. I know it'll all get done though. And lastly, psychology is just the final like I said before.
It's not that much because I'm really up-to-date or ahead for the most part (except for the papers which I will be caught up on within 12 hours). It just seems like a lot with also having to worry about move-out and whether or not I will get those positions I'm applying for. I also need to get an internship for next semester. I am going to career services tomorrow to edit my resume and work on a cover letter for an internship I'm applying for. It's, in my opinion, a really great internship that could be really competitive so I may not get it, especially since it's also open to grad students. But like everything else, it can't hurt to apply so we will just see. I need to apply for other internships though because 1) it can't hurt, and 2) I really want to have an internship next semester...a lot!
Okay well I am exhausted and the NyQuil I think is about to knock me out. This ended up being longer than I expected - yay! Hopefully I can get back to doing this a lot more often like I did for the first 2 days. Things have been crazy lately. I know they'll (hopefully!) be just as crazy or even crazier in the summer so I need to get in the habit of working this in instead of opening and closing Facebook like I posted about a couple posts ago.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment