Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Preparing for the end of the Semester

Other than the Anderson Cooper sadness, I had a very good day. I don't really feel like writing that much more, but I got my grade back for my analysis paper of the Egyptian Revolution and I got an A-/A and I'm very excited about that. I also got a paper back from Research Writing and I got an A! Which is absolutely FABULOUS because my teacher has said, "If you do everything I expect of you, you will get a C." I am so very excited about both of these grades after I got my grade for my psychology paper last night. Grr. Oh well, it's not that huge of a deal.

I am literally expecting myself to have a full emotional breakdown at the end of Argument and Advocacy tomorrow because I will miss it so much. It has less to do with the class and more to do with my professor. She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met; she is one of those special people who you are very lucky to meet in life. I really hope we keep in contact because I think she is truly wonderful. I'm also meeting with the professor from Sudan tomorrow, which I am very excited about.

I know I write about academics a lot, but that's sort of how my life is right now. I am doing a very good job keeping to my timelines on my psychology study guide and my research writing project. Those are the only two things I have left, so this is good news. Thursday I should will finish the proposal part of my research writing project, leaving me a whole week to do the creative project. I have decided to create a video of sorts (more like a photostory and not at all involving me shooting video) about the misconceptions of Egypt. I am happy with this idea even though it took me what seems like forever to come up with it.

Also we are going sailing this weekend! Woohoo! My dream will come true. :)

About Anderson Cooper again, his show tonight showed a short video clip of Prince William saying (a while ago), "Never being able to say the word "Mummy" again in your life sounds like a small thing. However, for many, including me, it is now really just a word -- hollow and evoking only memories." I immediately teared up. I really do love my mom even though sometimes I don't think I tell her enough. So, I texted her and told her I loved her. I still could cry because of William's words. Why am I so emotional lately?

Once again, I wrote more than I planned. I like to talk a lot, I suppose. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment