Sunday, April 10, 2011

Community Service

I know it's only been a few minutes since I last posted, but as I was trying to fall asleep I thought of something. Thinking about how I helped that woman today and thinking of how kind the taxi driver was to me made me realize that I miss community service. I never did it much during the school year and I haven't at all since I started college this year. I usually do a ton in summers mainly through working with kids in camps. Anyhow, I really do miss it and people could always use more help. Though I have a hugely busy summer in front of me, I will make it a priority to do community service. I should set a goal for myself, whether it's total hours or hours per week, and make sure I stick to it. Looking into places to volunteer ahead of time can't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment