Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Procrastination Over

I have been back from New York City for two full days plus a few hours and I have put off writing this post until now. I don't know why. I just haven't felt like writing this weekend, I guess. The past 2 weeks have required SO much writing from me that maybe I just needed a little break. Which I clearly took. The two papers I have due tomorrow? Haven't started. It sounds much worse than it is though because they're both 1 page papers and will take me about 20-30 minutes (10 on a good day) each. I can do them tomorrow morning as I don't have class until noon. That is, if I can get up in time. I told myself that I was going to go to bed at 11.30. Well...it is 12.16 and I am just now getting in bed and writing this. Oh well.

I guess I'll talk about NYC first. On Friday we got up at 5.15 AM. Oh my goodness...it was so early. I actually woke up pretty easily though, which was shocking. We got ready and to the bus station without any problems. Then we waited and waited (cause we were early, which is good). Finally we got on the bus and I couldn't sleep for more than 20 minutes. Gah. The bus ride was like 4 hours and 30-45 minutes but did not feel long at all. Finally we got to the city and the bus dropped us of...in the middle of the city. No bus station? Okay... Well we got to our hotel and checked in and it was AMAZING. I wish I'd taken pictures to post because it really was that cool. After being in awe of our hotel room (and also super tired) for a few minutes we went out to find the theatre and get lunch. Lunch was good except I had a milkshake which made me cough so much more than I already was. It was out of control. It literally felt like I had done a super intense ab workout.

When we found the theatre I made Clair take tons of pictures of me with the various posters of Daniel Radcliffe. I'm lucky she was such a good sport with me this weekend because I was definitely out of control with excitement. After lunch/picture-taking we went back to the hotel and napped. So exhausted. And we didn't want to be tired during the show. Then we had Indian food...mmmm. We love Indian food, especially naan. We ordered 2 things of nann. So yummy. Also the Indian restaurant was a much further walk than we expected. But then we went to the theatre (via cab) and we got there at 6.30 and me, being crazy, made the two of us stand outside the theatre for an hour to see if Dan would get there. Of course he didn't as I'm sure he gets there much earlier...but I couldn't risk it. Anyway eventually we went in and the show was AMAZING. I am too tired to blog about how amazing it is right now...but it was wonderful. He is a wonderful singer and dancer. His voice cracked once but he didn't let it affect him. I will blog more about the show later, I'm sure. I keep replaying it in my mind. I keep replaying the whole trip in my mind, really. I can't get over it. We left the show about 1 song early to go wait outside for Daniel's autograph. I will blog about this later. It needs to be in detail and I need to go to sleep soon.

Gosh. I had so many other things I wanted to talk about but I can't remember them right now. I will make a stickynote on my desktop and start listing things there so I don't forget them. Right now, though, I am going to bed. Hopefully I will actually get up when my alarm goes off at 8.45 in the morning so I will have plenty of time to shower, eat, and do my papers before class at 12. Also tomorrow I have my interview for a staff position on the school paper. I'm excited but also a little nervous. I'm not entirely sure how it will go. Part of me things I will definitely get it but you really never know. I don't know what to think. We will see in a few days, though.

I'm off to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment